NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
THREE TUNS GORLESTON Index
247 HIGH STREET
SOUTHTOWN
St ANDREWS WARD BEERHOUSE
Later FULL LICENCE
-
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953) & PS 18/14/2 (1953 - 1973) & PS 18/14/3 (1973 - 1980)
LACONS as given 1819
WHITBREAD 1967
-  
Licensees :
-  
JOHN BARHAM 1819
JAMES BULL 1824
RICHARD BAKER 1830 - 1836
DAVID DENTON
Age 35 in 1841
& market gardener
1839 - 1859
EDWARD ROOF
Age 38 in 1861 & dealer
1861 - 1865
THOMAS SMITH
Died Q3 1871 - age 45
1868 - 1871
JAMES GUYTON 1875 - 1877
-  
ARTHUR COX
(Died Q3 1910 - age 63)
1881 - 1883
JAMES KING 1888
JOHN TABOR 1890
WILLIAM ECCLESTONE
(Died Q2 1903 - age 52)
1891 - 1900
SHEPHERD E CRISP 1901
JOSEPH BUTCHER by 1903
JOHN DREW 15.04.1904
GEORGE SMITH 14.10.1904
HENRY CHARLES LEWIS
(Died June 1938 - age 67)
28.10.1910
MABEL CLOWES 17.11.1916
JAMES PRATT FEEK
(Died September 1936 - age 65)
08.06.1920
JAMES HENRY GOSLING
(Died June 1952 - age 73)
06.11.1926
GEORGE ROBERT POPAY
(Died September 1962 - age 61)
01.07.1941
HARRY BURGESS 11.02.1949
WILLIAM EDWARD MOBBS
(Died March 1963 - age 61)
18.10.1949
STEPHEN FREDERICK COLEMAN
(Died December 1978 - age 86)
07.12.1954
JOHN RICHARD McBRIDE 10.06.1958
WILLIAM ELWYN HOWELLS
(Died March 1975 - age 69)
29.07.1958
VINCENT HENRY BEAUMONT-SMITH
(Died May 2001 - age 74)
10.07.1975
-  
-  


April 1996
April 1996


Named the TUNS in 1819 and in the 1891 census.

Application was made at the Brewster Sessions 24.08.1901 for removal of licence to new premises to be built 35 yards along the road. Building costs for the new house were given as £1400. The Licensing Committee recommended the application, but the Bench voted 7 for and 7 against, so confirmation was refused.

At the Licensing Session Tuesday 2nd February 1904 it was heard that the new premises had been completed and it was confirmed that the provisional order of removal would be dated 1st March 1904.

The licence of the LORD COLLINGWOOD was given up, c1905,
in consideration for a (full ?) licence for this house.

Closed 1942 - it is assumed for the duration of the war.
No mention yet found if closure was due to damage by enemy action.





Entry No 189 in Licence Register