NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BURE HOTEL Gt. YARMOUTH B index
CAISTER ROAD St. NICHOLAS WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1986
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 ) & PS 18/14/2-3 ( 1953 - 1980 )
STEWARD & PATTESON  
WATNEY MANN Anglia Taverns from January 1966.
FREE TRADE by 1985
Licensees :
ELIZABETH RACHEL ROSE TALBOT 12.12.1939
JOHN GUY TALBOT 11.12.1945
ARTHUR CHARLES WISEMAN 05.12.1950
JOHN EDMUND SYMONDS 04.12.1951
Mrs HELEN IRENE SYMONDS 05.02.1954
WILFRED FREDERICK WARD 04.02.1966
EDWARD KENDLE THACKERY 30.05.1967
JOHN AUSTIN PHILLIPS &
COLIN ROY COE
09.02.1968
NICHOLAS STUART PRIOR 24.07.1969
BERNARD FREDERICK GRAMMER ( Grammar ? ) 22.07.1971
ARTHUR HENRY PINNELL 07.09.1972
GEORGE ALBERT DOLMAN 22.02.1977 - 1981
ALBERT SMITH c1981

 
Previously the site of Fowlers Camp, purchased by Steward & Patteson.
The BURE HOTEL was built on the site and opened 13th December 1939.

The licence was transferred from the STEAM PACKET, Hall Quay.

Damaged by enemy action during WWII.

A tenanted house until until January 1966
until taken over by Anglia Taverns, a subsidiary of Watney Mann.

21 year lease obtained by Broads Holidays July 1967.
` To be incorporated into the port of Gt Yarmouth Marina, but
to remain open to the general public.'


Demolished May 1986.