NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
EARL St. VINCENT Gt. YARMOUTH E index
Earl St. Vincent
93 KING STREET
ROW 140
NELSON  WARD FULL LICENCE   CLOSED by 1940
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 - Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953)
LACON & Co  
Licensees :
-
-  
ESTHER CRISP 1819
WILLIAM COOPER 1822 - 1830
WILLIAM ATMORE 1836
JAMES KEELER
according to Pigot
1839
JOHN TODD
according to Robson
1839
THOMAS MITCHELL 1844 - 1846
JOHN HODDS 1850
SAMUEL AMIS 1856
WILLIAM PEARSON 1858
GEORGE WOOLSEY 1863 - 1872
Mrs LUCY WOOLSEY 1875
HENRY WHITING KING by 1879
ALBERT ERNEST SAVORY 14.10.1904
ELLEN SAVORY 17.08.1906
WILLIAM ROBERT EDWARDS 22.11.1907
ALICE MAUD EDWARDS 05.01.1926
ALICE MAUD BEALES (married) 16.08.1927
JOHN HENRY HAYES 27.08.1940


Image courtesy of Colin Tooke  -  Shown with permission.
Mr & Mrs Edwards c1908

Located to the Left of Row 140,

Previously the WHITE SWAN.

Included with proposal discussed June 1937, for E. Lacon & Co. to exchange four public houses in return for the Corporation conveying 1) a piece of land, with a frontage of 200 feet, to Marine Parade, Gorleston, at the south-east corner of Bridge Road and 2) a piece of land having a frontage of 150 feet to North Drive and similar frontage to Jellicoe road, Great Yarmouth and 3) a piece of land having 55 feet 1 inch frontage to South Beach Parade and 31 feet to Dickens Avenue. It was expected that three of the licences would be conveyed to the new sites and the fourth licence awarded to an existing beerhouse.
Although the Chief Constable objected and members of the committee opposed the Dickens Avenue proposal, the Mayor pointed out that otherwise Lacons would have to be paid compensation for the loss of going concerns and the matter had been considered by the Council for many months. The Council had a fair bargain and nothing could stand in the way of the development of the clearance areas concerned.

Licence removed to the PRINCE CONSORT 27.08.1940.

Demolished and replaced by Council accommodation by 1997.

See p. 85 of `Gt. Yarmouth In Old Photographs ' pub 1994.

See p. 29 of `Great Yarmouth & Gorleston Pubs' Published 2004