NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NORTH TOWER Gt. YARMOUTH N index
16A NORTH QUAY
ROW 8
St. NICHOLAS WARD BEERHOUSE
later FULL LICENCE
CLOSED 16.08.1966
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 ) & PS 18/14/2 ( 1953 - 1973 )
LACON & Co by 1903
WHITBREAD   
Licensees :
- -
- -
ROBERT BESSEY 1855 - * 1868
THOMAS READ
beerhouse & shop keeper - age 57
1871 - 1872
uninhabited 1881
WILLIAM BARTRAM * 1883
WILLIAM GRAY * 1888 - 1894
-  
Mrs. FANNY HILL NEWMAN
( Mrs A Newman 1900 )
by 1900
THOMAS QUINTON 18.11.1904
FANNY HILL NEWMAN 13.01.1905
ALFRED EDWARD WALKER 13.08.1915
KATHLEEN ADA WALKER 02.03.1917
ALFRED EDWARD WALKER 10.08.1920
HARRY BURGESS 22.10.1940
ISAAC ARTHUR CHAPLIN 12.12.1944
EMMA ELIZABETH CHAPLIN 05.02.1965
JOHN HODGSON 01.11.1966

TOMLINSON ARMS (extreme left) then the NORWICH ARMS and then the NORTH TOWER in the January 1905 floods.


Lot No. 9 in the Sale by Auction of the Estate of the late John Preston, held Monday 11th May 1855. House then in the occupation of Mr. Robert Bessey.

Beerhouse licence given up 18.11.1904 in consideration of a new licence granted to the GOLF ARMS,
( later to be the GOLFERS ARMS ).

Full licence granted 18.11.1904 by way of removal from the
NORWICH ARMS and on condition of surrender
from the TOMLINSON ARMS.

Closed for trading 16th August 1966.
Licence held in suspense.

Demolished before 1996

 

See p. 102 of Gt. Yarmouth In Old Photographs' - pub. 1994

See p. 61 of `Gt. Yarmouth - A Second Selection'. pub. 1996