NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUAY MILL TAVERN Gt. YARMOUTH Q index
45 NORTH QUAY
ROW 34
St. NICHOLAS  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1941
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 ) & PS 18/14/2 ( 1953 - 1973 )
PAGET & Co 1824
LACON & Co by 1903
WHITBREAD    
Licensees :
JOHN BENSTEAD 1824
WILLIAM TEMPLE 1830
JOHN BARNEY BALES 1836
JOHN GREEN BALES
according to both Pigot & Robson 1839
( but Pigot names the house the WINDMILL )
1839
MARY ANN BALLS ( Bales ? ) 1845
WILLIAM LUBBOCK
& mast, block & pump maker
1846
See RAILWAY TAVERN
THOMAS PARMENTER 1890
Miss MARY ANN NAVEN 1896
WILLIAM PARMENTER 1900
HENRY ARTIS * 1901
ERNEST HERBERT PARMENTER by 1903
OSCAR HUGH RANSOME 10.07.1903
BERNARD STOCKS 13.10.1905
HENRY GOSTLING 20.04.1906
ROBERT WILLIAM BROWN 11.01.1907
EDWARD ERNEST HUNT 04.06.1909
JAMES BANHAM 08.01.1915
WILLIAM GEORGE BEAUMONT 24.09.1915
JAMES WATSON 13.11.1923
Convicted 014.06.1924 of selling out of hours.
Fine 10/- or 7 days detention.
Convicted 08.08.1929 of selling out of hours.
Fine 10/- or 7 days detention.
THOMAS WILLIAM LEDGER 14.05.1935
EDWARD JOHNSTON GEORGE 30.08.1938
WILLIAM HENRY GODBOLT 01.04.1941
HARRY BURGESS 21.10.1941
CHARLES THOMAS BANHAM 18.08.1953


Located on the NW corner of Row 34, George Street to North Quay.

Traded under the name of the HUNTER CUTTER ( 1819 ) and as the RAILWAY TAVERN ( c1850 - 1890 ), before returning to the QUAY MILL TAVERN.

Pigot gives the name KEY MILL at North Quay in 1830.


On 25th October 1834, the Court for Relief of Insolvent Debtors advised that prisoner William Temple, formerly a Ship Owner and Master Mariner, afterwards a Ship Owner, Master Mariner, and Publican, and late a Master Mariner would appear in court on 12th November 1834. Any Creditor opposed to his discharge was to present such intention to the prisoner, three clear days before the hearing.


( Robert Parmenter is given at the RAILWAY TAVERN in 1886 & 1892 ).

Closed for the duration of WWII as a letter dated 22.08.1941.
Licence surrendered 4th January 1943
Re-licensed for Mr Banham in 1953 and subsequently
removed ( 8th February 1957 ) to the CLARENCE TAVERN .

See p. 87 of `Gt. Yarmouth In Old Photographs'  - pub. 1994