NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MARINERS ARMS KINGS LYNN Kings Lynn
Mariners index
SOUTH QUAY
MARINE PARADE
STONEGATE WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 10.06.1968
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to 4/3/4 ( August 1872 to 1965 )
HOGGE & SEPPINGS  
THOMAS JOHNSON SEPPINGS  
JAMES SEPPINGS  
THOMAS JOHNSON SEPPINGS  
FREDERICK JOHN CARPENTER of Kings Lynn
RICHARD LUDWIG BAGGE  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-
-  
ROBERT COZENS
Age 59 in 1851
1850 - 1851
WILLIAM GAGEN 1854
JAMES MINNS 1856 - 1858
JOHN WELLS
Age 37
1861
HENRY DOWNER
( Mary Ann Downer 1871 )
by 1865
THOMAS HENRY ALLEN 07.02.1881
BENJAMIN LEE 25.06.1883
JOHN BELL 11.04.1892
HENRY HAWKINS 06.04.1896
HORACE KENT 1902
JOHN HOWARD 11.01.1904
JOHN PHILLIPS 22.07.1907
BENJAMIN PITT 21.07.1913
FREDERICK LEOPOLD PITT 06.10.1919
JAMES WILLIAM WILSON 04.03.1957




Although holding a full licence the house only appears to have traded as a beerhouse.

Address originally given as at Marine Parade,
becoming South Quay by 1903.

Offered for sale by auction 30th April 1903. ( Lot 5 )
` Full licensed Public House, known as the
Mariners Arms, together with
Dwelling-house, spacious Yard, Coal Warehouse and other
buildings, now in the occupation of Messrs. Hogge & Seppings. Rental £35 .
Possession can be given on 29th September 1903 '

Described by the Auctioneer in 1903 as the only public house on South Quay and ` there was not be the slightest fear that it be shut up on the ground of being overcrowded.'
House purchased by Mr F. R. Floyd for £790

Described as being ``Surmounted by a look-out turret, built in 1849'' when purchased in 1929 by Steward & Patteson.

Damaged by enemy action 17.09.1942.

75 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.