NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BRIDGE INN BANNINGHAM Index
AYLSHAM ROAD SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 25th JULY 1961
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS 16th September 1794 & SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 2/5/1 & PS 2/5/2 (3 Feb 1925 to 1975)
COLTISHALL BREWERY Lot 98 in Coltishall Brewery sale 14th to 17th September 1841
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Conveyed by Clement Cozens-Hardy to Morgans 12th March 1896
MORGANS to 1961
BULLARDS 1961
Licensees :
? 1780
STEPHEN WARD 1794
JOHN BULWER 1804 - 1805
-  
JOHN GOOSE
age 65 according to 1841 census
1836 - 1845
ROBERT BARTRAM 1846
NATHANIEL NEWSTEAD
carpenter 1851 - age 56
Died Q3 1857
1850 - 1857
Mrs ANN NEWSTEAD
(died Q3 1874 - age 76 ?)
1857 - 1865
WILLIAM NEWSTEAD
died Q1 1869 - age 25
1868 - 1869
WILLIAM EASTOE
& dealer
age 40 in 1871
1871 - 1879
SUSAN EASTOE  (Wife of William)
age 53
(Sister of William Elden & Hannah Strutt - see Crown)
1881
WILLIAM EASTOE 1883
CHARLES REYNOLDS 1888
WALTER DOUGHTY
& pork butcher
age 30 in 1891
1890 - 1894
WILLIAM WILLIAMSON
age 50 in 1901 & wife Harriet age 50
age 61 in 1911 & wife Elizabeth age 58
1896 - 1916
ELIZABETH WILLIAMSON 1920
Accused February 1920 of selling out of hours - see opposite.
HERBERT BUCKLE
died Q1 1934 - age 71
1922 to 1934
AMY BUCKLE 03.03.1934
ARNOLD NATHANIEL LINES 12.10.1937
ARTHUR HICKS 02.09.1941
JOHN CECIL ATKINS &
LUCY MABEL ATKINS
(Managers? Not mentioned in licence registers)
1957
WILLIAM R USTER 09.09.1958
D A GRIMBLE
(Brewery representative)
05.09.1961


Advertised FOR SALE September 1780 - An old accustomed House with 15 acres, more or less, of rich Arable and Pasture Land; also a Barn, stable, Dairy and other Conveniences. Apply of Mr. Stephen Ashley, Draper, Aylsham.

For sale August 1804, with double cottage, barn, other convenient buildings and 13 acres of land. Then in occupation of John Bulwer and his undertenants.


For sale February 1805, with double cottage, barn, other convenient buildings and 13 acres of land. Still in occupation of John Bulwer and his undertenants.

Elizabeth Williamson was accused 18th February 1920, by Welcome William Basham, Deputy Chief Constable, of unlawfully supplying intoxicating liquor to be consumed on the premises, during such hours as prohibited.
Outcome yet to be discovered....

 

House closed 25.07.1961 - Licence not renewed.

Outbuildings subsequently demolished in the cause of road improvements.