NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HORSE BRISLEY Index
FAKENHAM ROAD
WIGGS GREEN
LAUNDITCH HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
BEERHOUSE after 1869
CLOSED 1909/10
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 to 1975)
STEWARD & PATTESON Leasehold owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co : First supplied year of 1848 to 1849
ELIJAH EYRES from at least 1895 to closure 1909/10
Licensees :
-  
GEORGE COE
age 62 in 1871
1861 - 1879
ALFRED WINEARLS
& blacksmith
Age 36 in 1881
1881 - 1885
JOHN CLAXTON
Hurdle & brickmaker in 1891 - age 55
* 1888 - 1896
ROBERT MELTON
age 38 in 1901
1900 - closure


Image from Christine Roos, via John Stewart.
Image via John Stewart from Christine Roos - 
who received it from a relative of the last landlady, Mrs Melton.

Referred to Compensation 05.03.1909

Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909. Reported as a beerhouse (ante 1869), owned by Eliajah Eyres Brewery Ltd. and run by licensee Robert Melton.

Licence extinct 07.06.1910