NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FIGHTING COCKS BURGH next Aylsham index
- SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 29.04.1963
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS September 1794 &  PS 2/5/1 & PS 2/5/2 (3 Feb 1925 to 1975)
COLTISHALL BREWERY Sold by auction 14th - 17th September 1841 - Lot no. 106
??? Transferred to Morgans 13th October 1853
MORGANS 1853 - 1961
BULLARDS from 01.10.1961 to closure 1963
Licensees :
-  
JOHN LIVERICH 1794
-  
-  
THOMAS JARY 1836
MARY JARY 1841
ROBERT POSTLE junior
& journeyman carpenter 1851
1845 - 1851
JOSEPH AMIS 1854 - 1856
HENRY PLANT 1858 - 1861
Mrs ELIZABETH PLANT 1865 - 1883
HENRY WATTS
& tin smith 1891
1890 - 1908
SAMUEL GOODSON 1912
CARLTON RANDOLPH WOODS 1915 - 1916
NORTHGATE MARSHALL
as KELLY's directory
1922 - 1925
MARSHALL NORGATE
as Licence Register
1925 to 1927
CHRISTOPHER JAMES CUSHION 08.11.1927
WILLIAM JOHN GOOCH 14.11.1933
ALFRED MARSH 04.11.1958
to closure




 


The COCK in 1794

Offered for sale 20th February 1819 as the FIGHTING COCKS.
Lot 6 in sale which included 10 other licensed houses about the county.

For sale by auction Saturday 30th July 1853 upon the executors of the late John Brown of Erpingham

Morgans sales in 1960 were 75 barrels of beer and 19 Spirits.

 

Closed 29th April according to Bullards records but
6th May 1963 as Licence Registers.