NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LIVE & LET LIVE BURGH St MARGARET Index
THURNE ROAD
FLEGGBURGH
WEST FLEGG BEERHOUSE CLOSED 13.03.1963
EAST & WEST FLEGG DISTRICT REGISTERS PS 17/4/1 to PS17/4/2 (1903 - 1973)
STEWARD & PATTESON Purchased by S&P from the Estate of the late Mrs Hunt 06.08.1897
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT HOWES
(Died Q2 1913 - age 78)
*1863 - *1869
ROBERT COOK
& farmer
Age 27
*1871
JAMES J TOOK *1872
JOHN TUCK *1875
JAMES J TOOKE *1877
JOHN TUCK *1879
JOHN NEAVE
(Died Q2 1913 - age 68)
*1881 - *1883
JOHN WILLIAM WHALL
Age 37 in 1891
*1888 - 1892
GEORGE THOMAS POYNTS
Age 43 in 1911
by 1896
GEORGE ARTHUR CRANE
(died Q2 1966 - age 66)
14.11.1939

Live & Let Live - Burgh St. Margaret ( Fleggburgh)
c1930

In 1863 Robert Mallet is given at the BEAR, but by 1864 he is at an un-named beerhouse. It is possible that the BEAR was a short lived, fully licensed house and the name changed to the LIVE & LET LIVE when reduced to a beer retail only outlet.
(The
KINGS ARMS is the only licensed house recorded in Burgh St. Margaret in 1858 or earlier.)

In 1881 James J. Tooke is aged 39 and a retired publican at Rollesby.