NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HORSE CAWSTON index
NEW STREET SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1906
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS 16th September 1794
St MARTINS BREWERY Lot No 16 in sale of John Days Brewery as advertised 11th October 1794
Lot No 13 in sale of John Day's Brewery 9th May 1795
REEPHAM BREWERY Conveyed 26th November 1878 to Henry Bullard & John Boyce
Licensees :
-  
........ MAYER 1792
JAMES MEARS 1794
-  
THOMAS CLARKE
(died Q4 1843 - registered Aylsham ?)
1830 - 1836
EDWARD EASTON
age 35 in 1841
1839 - 1846
ROBERT BOULTER
according to Slater
1850
WILLIAM DANIEL SPARK (age 46 in 1851)
& wheelwright
1850 according to Hunt
1850 - * 1851
JOHN GRAVES 1854 - 1856
WILLIAM EASTON 1858
JAMES MILLER
& dealer
age 27
1861
WILLIAM NEALE
& labourer
age 64 in 1871 & 76 in 1881
died Q1 1891, age 84
1864 - 1890
GEORGE ELLIS 1891 - 1904

 

For sale by auction Monday 13th August 1792, with cottage, stable, outhouses, yard and hereditaments thereto belonging, in occupation of ..... Mayer.


Named the WHITE HORSE in Pigots 1830 directory.
Note that Bullards records state that the BELL was also known previously as the WHITE HORSE.
It is evident that the Bell was known from at least 1798. It seems likely that after the original White Horse was renamed the Bell, this house took on the name of White Horse.....

Lot No. 9 in sale of Bircham & Sons Reepham Brewery, Saturday 8th June 1878. Then let to William Neale at an annual rent of £11.
Containing : - Tap and Parlour, Kitchen, Pantry and Wash House. Also a Parlour with Cellar underneath, 3 Bedrooms with shelving rooms behind; Yard with side gates in which is a large Club Room with 9 Pin Ground beneath, Wood House and Stable with Loft above
- Copyhold to the Manor of Cawston.



The WHITE HORSE and the BELL were both purchased by Bullards in 1878.

The licence was not renewed at the Aylsham Petty Sessions, as reported in the Norfolk Chronicle 10.02.1906 Referred for Compensation 10.06.1907