NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON DEOPHAM Index
THE GREEN FOREHOE HUNDRED BEERHOUSE previously and later
Full Licence
CLOSED 12.12.1961
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
CANN & CLARKE Sold to Morgans 11.05.1894 and full licence dropped.
MORGANS  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-
SARAH SQUIRE 1734
-  
EDWARD BADCOCK 1836
JOHN WINGFIELD / WINKFIELD
& smith 1845
Age 61 in 1861
& farmer 1871
(Died Q1 1886 - age 75)
*1841 - 1872
TIMOTHY GROOM 1875
GEORGE CHENERY
(Chinnery 1879)
1877 - 1879
ARTHUR SMITH
& blacksmith
age 25
1881
JOHN BATESON
& blacksmith
age 42 in 1891
1883 - 1892
ARTHUR GIBSON
age 66 in 1901
Died Q1 1917 - age 84?
1896 - 1916
GEORGE F STURMAN
(George P Sturman 1929)
1922 - 1937
-  
-  


Shown on Bryant's 1826 map.

Lot No. 1 in sale Saturday 6th July 1878.
As instructed by the Executors of the late Mr. William Badcock.
Then in the occupation of Cann & Co and their undertenant Mr George Chenery, as yearly tenants.
With Blacksmiths Shop, Barn, Stable, Cow House and other buildings, and about 5 acres 2R 33P of land (more or less)......The house containing a spacious Club Room, Kitchen, Store Room, Wash House and Cellar and 3 good Bedrooms.


Morgans sales 1960 :
38 barrels of beer
12 spirits