NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BELL EAST HARLING index
BELL ROW
KING STREET
GUILTCROSS HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED
 
Licensees :
-
-  
Mrs ELIZABETH KERRISON
widow
Age 63 in 1851
1850 - 1852
-  
-  


Image thanks to David O'Neale
"The sign of the Bell can just be seen at the far end of the line of cottages, Bell Row.

In 1914 most of the water wells of East Harling were condemned.
Tommy Dodd was at the public meeting where he was described as the `best client of the Bell' and teased that he should not worry since he did not drink a pint of water in a year!"

Information thanks to David O'Neale.


The  BELL, was offered for sale February 1852, by private contract.
It was advertised for sale under the heading
"Cottages at East Harling
All those cottages, adjoining each other, in substantial repair, one of which is known as the BELL Public-house, in the occupation of the widow Kerrison, and the residue are in the occupation of William Sucker and others."

It would appear from the above photograph that the BELL was at the far end of the terrace.