NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
COOPER BROWN & Co. EATON index
CHURCH LANE - BREWERY CLOSED 1925
 

William Cooper is a Brandy Merchant at Eaton in 1783.

~

Monthly invoices from March to July 1841 each read -

`Bought of T. W. George
1½ barrels of beer .............£2/11/-
Supplied to Edward Loombe.'

( THOMAS WILLIAM GEORGE is given as a brewer at Eaton in 1836 - 1858 )

~

The brewery in Eaton, prior to 1887, was that of Arthur Day.
By 1888 it had merged with the Dereham brewery of Cooper Brown
 ( Crown Brewery )
From then on it traded as Cooper Brown & Day.

By 1899 Mr. E.K. Saul was manager of the Eaton Brewery.
Company paperwork was then headed `Cooper Brown & Co. ' although the names `Crown Brewery, Dereham ' and `Eaton Brewery, Norwich ' still identified origins of documents.

By 1904 Charles Pearce was the owner, who sold out to S&P in 1923
Brewing ceased 1925

Taken over by Steward & Patteson 1923

 


1900 bill heading

 

Range of ales available in 1899 included:-

Pale Bitter Ale
Light Bitter Ale
Sportsman's Ale
Imperial Ale
Imperial XXX
Beer XX
Double Stout