/
NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LORD NELSON FAKENHAM Index
4 NELSON ROAD
HAYES LANE
GALLOW HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1994
GALLOW LICENCE REGISTERS PS 26/18/1 to PS 26/18/2 ( 1903 to 1975 )
REEPHAM BREWERY Leased from James Beck from 1808, by which time known as the Lord Nelson. Purchased in 1814 for £370.
Offered for sale 8th June 1878
STEWARD & PATTESON 1878 - 1967
WATNEY MANN 19.04.1967
CHEF & BREWER undated
..    
Licensees :
- 1808
WILLIAM GRICKS senior
Died Q1 1841
c 1818 - 1841
WILLIAM GRICKS
age 39 in 1851
& Carpenter.
1841 - 1858
JOHN BARNES
age 37 in 1861
( Died Q1 1888 - age 63 )
1861 - 1877
SAMUEL BELL
age 40 in 1881
Died Q1 1901 - age 59
1878 - 1900
Mrs HARRIETT  BELL
age 59 in 1901
( Died Q3 1909 - age 67 )
1901 - 1902
WILLIAM CHARLES SEWTER
Age 32 in 1911
by 1903
JOHN EAGLING
( John Dybald Eagling died September 1938 - age 77 )
29.01.1912
EDWARD CORNELIUS HALL 03.02.1931
Fine 7/6d 31.08.1931 for aiding and abetting consumption out of hours.
ALAN BROMLEY CLARKE 28.12.1931
HARRY SMITH
( Died June 1945 - age 77 ? )
28.11.1932
Fine £2/4/- 25.02.1935 for aiding and abetting consumption out of hours.
THOMAS ALFRED PHILLIPS 30.03.1937
ALEXANDER BLACK 08.05.1939
BRYAN JONES 20.12.1954
JOHN ROBERT WAY
& VERA WAY
12.09.1960
to at least 1975
-  
The Lord Nelson - Fakenham - Image by KC.
1986


The SPREAD EAGLE to c1808.

Also known as the NELSONS HEAD.


As at Hays Lane 1836, Oak Street 1846.

Lot No. 47 in sale of the estate of Bircham & Sons Saturday 8th June 1878, then let to Samuel Bell at an annual rent of £30.
`A good market house containing :-
Tap Room, & Parlour, Bar with Cellar under, Store Room & 6 Bedrooms, Large Club room on left of gateway with Wash House behind, Yard with 2 approaches in which are several good Stables, a Gig House, Cow House, etc. There is also a Pig Yard fitted with pens etc. - Copyhold to the Manor of Fakenham Lancaster'
Purchased by Steward.

Samuel Bell applied to the Petty Sessions held 26th December 1881 for an extension of time, to cover the Annual Supper 29th December 1881. An extension to 1:00am was granted.

Plans to demolish were refused 03.04.1996, the house having been empty since 1994.

House and stable block to be converted to 4 homes as reported 01.06.1996