NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BULL INN FOULSHAM Index
THE STREET EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 12.12.1962
Eynesford Licence Registers taken 17th September 1794 & PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 ( c1880 - 1975 )
REEPHAM BREWERY (Bircham & Sons) Offered for sale Saturday 8th June 1878
STEWARD & PATTESON 1878 to closure ?
Licensees :
-
CHARLES BANYARD 1784
THOMAS FROST 1794
-  
GEORGE NEALE
age 40 in 1841 ?
age 64 in 1851 ?
1820 - 1865
THOMAS BRADFIELD 1868 - 1869
JOHN DACK
& blacksmith
age 43 in 1871
( House not mentioned 1871, but Thomas Bradfield given as lodger )
by 1871
WILLIAM WRIGHT
( William Wright junior 1908)
09.12.1903
WILLIAM ARTHUR HENDRY 07.01.1924
STANLEY EDGAR DIGBY 05.09.1938
CYRIL WALTER TROLLOPE 09.02.1948
VINCENT HARE 19.04.1948
HENRY ELWYN THOMAS 11.09.1950
WALTER ALEX LARKE 05.09.1955
JOHN LESLIE WHITTAKER 17.10.1960

The BULL ( centre right ) & SHIP ( extreme left) 1903
1903 - With the SHIP to the left

In the Great Fire of Foulsham 15th June 1770
the KING OF PRUSSIA was the last house to be destroyed.
The site became that of the BULL & DOG
which later became the BULL.

As the BLACK BULL 1830

Mr. Charles Banyard married Miss Elizabeth Harwin of Swaffham, on Tuesday 9th November 1784.

Lot No. 31 in sale of Reepham Brewery estate, June 1878.
Containing :- Parlour, Bar & Tap Room, Small Parlour in rear, Upland Cellar, 5 Bedrooms; Yard with side gates with lean-to Wash house & Coal House, long Skittle Shed, Stable for 2 horses & open Cart Lodge; Another Stable for 6 horses with Loft over, Blacksmiths Shop & Forge and a detached Fowl House; Also about 1¼ acres of land, detached from the house - Freehold.

The Licence registers state:-
House closed - licence not renewed 12th December 1962.