NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CHEQUERS INN GRIMSTON Index
LONG ROW
CHEQUERS ROAD
FREEBRIDGE-LYNN HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1924
FREEBRIDGE-LYNN LICENCE REGISTERS 7th September 1789 & 8th September 1794
    MORGANS  
Licensees :
-
JONATHAN WOODFIELD 1778 - 1780
-  
JAMES MUNDFORD / MUNFORD here 07.09.1789 - 1794
-  
HENRY MASON
& painter & glazier
Died Q3 1838
1836
JOHN BATES 1845
JAMES LEGGETT
farmer & furrier
1846
THOMAS BUTTLER
& tailor
age 40
1851
ROBERT SMITH 1854 - 1856
JOSEPH WRIGHT PARKER
& market gardener
(age 47 in 1861 - 60 in 1871)
Died Q2 1874 - age 64
1858 - 1874
Summoned Monday 18th September 1865 for assaulting Elizabeth Barlow - Case dismissed.
Mrs. PARKER 1874 - 1875
STEPHEN PARKER 1877
CHARLES CURTIS 1879
ROBERT SMITH BLOOMFIELD
& butcher
(age 36 in 1881 - 45 in 1891)
Died Q4 1895 - age 50
1881 - 1895
Mrs MARTHA JULIA BLOOMFIELD 1896
ALFRED MORTIMER 1900
? 1901
HENRY BARTLE 1904
WILLIAM BIRD
(Died June 1929 - age 88)
1908 - 1916
CHARLES WILLIAM CRANE 1922



At Long Row 1861
Long Row Road 1891

To let November 1780. Then in occupation of Jonathan Woodfield, with a Barn, Stable and Homestalls containing by estimation Five Acres and Right of Common four four Head of Cattle.

Purchased by Sydney Britton from Morgans Brewery Company Limited
according to conveyance dated 6th July 1924.
The conveyance included a covenant that the building would no longer
be used for the sale of beer, wine or spirits or other intoxicating liquors
whether by wholesale or retail and whether to be consumed on or off the premises.....

The original building was struck by lightning in 1960, the bricks, timber and roof tiles were reclaimed and a cottage was built behind the original pub site.








Thanks to Jan Soons for the update Aug 2009