NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLUE BOAR GREAT RYBURGH index
  GALLOW HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  
GALLOW REGISTERS taken September 1789 & September 1794 and GALLOW LICENCE REGISTER PS 26/18/1 & PS 26/18/2 ( 1903 to 1975 )
THEOPHILIS CATES as given 1814
REEPHAM BREWERY Conveyed to Henry Bullard & John Boyce 26th November 1878
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia ) Ltd - 16.03.1970
FREEHOUSE  
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM SMITH 1789 - 1794
-  
Mrs SMITH ? 1814
-  
JOHN PLATTEN
& tailor
Died Q4 1849 - age abt 52
1836 - 1849
WILLIAM PLATTEN
age 27 in 1851
& butcher
1851 - 1872
ELIJAH HENRY SMITH 1875
EDMUND NEALE
( Died Q4 1881 - age 78?)
1877 - 1879
FREDERICK RUSH
& cattle dealer
Age 58 in 1911
1881 to 1912
ARTHUR GIBBONS 24.06.1912
WALTER YULL 25.11.1912
WILLIAM DAY 25.11.1915
JAMES CHARLES JOHNSON 28.07.1919
GEORGE TANN 30.10.1922
JOHN WATTS 25.10. 1926
BERTIE AUGUSTUS SUTTON 28.10.1929
CLAUDE WALTER SUTTON
( Died June 1983 - age 82)
25.10.1936
CHARLES CLYDE CLARKE 28.06.1948
D W STEPHENSON 11.05.1970
-  
JIM CORSON c1985 - 2001
JAMES & MELINDA  ............... from 2008
JAMES LEE &
LAURA BUTLER
by 2012
   

Great Ryburgh - 1999
1999

The BOAR - Great Ryburgh
c1935

Said to date from 1685
~
26 March 1814. Sale of the BLUE BOAR at Great Ryburgh - "The present occupier and her family have kept the house as a public house for about forty years. Apply for details to the proprietor Mr. Theophilus Cates."

30th April 1814 - House disposed of by Private Contract.
~
As the BLUE BOAR 1836 and by 2009

Lot no. 45 in the sale of the Bircham & Son, Reepham Brewery Saturday 8th June 1878. Let to Edmund Neale at an annual rent of £30. Situated near the Church, containing; Good Tap Room, Parlour and Bar, Upland Cellar, Store Room and Liquor Closet. 7 Bedrooms. In the rear is a harness room, also Enclosed Skittle ground, Straw & Hay Houses & Stable, Detached 2 stall Stable & 2 loose boxes with Wash house adjoining & Good ..(?)... Club room over, Good Garden and Pasture of land beyond with frontage to road. Site being altogether about 2 acres - Freehold.

Closed 1970

Licence not renewed February 1971.

Re-opened (date ?)

Selling Tolly Cobbold ales c1977