NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEENS HEAD HADDISCOE index
DAM
by River
CLAVERING HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 03.11.1962
MORGANS to 1961
STEWARD & PATTESON to closure 1962
Licensees :
JOHN HOWLETT 1864 - 1877
HERBERT DINGLE
age 32 in 1891
1883 - 1904
RICHARD GIRLING 1907 - 1933
WALTER VALENCE BROOKE 1937
HAROLD ERNEST TENNANT c1937 - 1947
ALICE ELLEN TENNANT 1947 - 1951
-  



Image thanks to Barry Gayton

Sign believed to have been mounted on fencing facing the river.

Note opening time of 10:00am.
According to 1946 guide book this district had differing opening hours to other areas of Norfolk.
10:00 - 2:00am and 6:00 - 10pm

Thanks to H. R. Tennant for the update 08.04.03
The Queens Head - with the bridge off to the right
c1914

BRIDGE HOUSE to at least 1851.

Given as the QUEENS ARMS pre 1863 and 1865, 1869, 1871, 1875 & 1879.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
6 barrels of beer
14 spirits.

Closure agreed at First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962
Sales given as 37 barrels.

Reopened 1999 as SPINNAKERS Restaurant.