NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RAILWAY HOTEL HARDINGHAM index
HINGHAM ROAD
HIGH COMMON
MITFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 13.10.1969
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 to PS 12/5/2 ( 1901 to 1975 )
MORGANS  
STEWARD & PATTESON 23.01.1962
WATNEY MANN 19.04.1967
Licensees :
WILLIAM WARTH GREEN 19.10.1900
JOHN CHILVERS
Age 57 in 1911
25.08.1905
Fine of 5/- plus 20/- costs for permitting drunkenness 08.09.1905
EDWARD THOMAS SUTTON 10.07.1914
LEOPOLD SUTTON 25.11.1927
REGINALD HAROLD MOORE 12.02.1954
JAMES DONALD SULLIVAN 09.02.1968
ALAN ALBERT CHARLES EVANS 07.02.1969
MAURICE STANLEY FISH 21.11.1969


Morgans Brewery were summoned before East Dereham Petty Sessions 25th January 1901 on the charge of ` allowing occupation of the house without previously obtaining a certificate that a sanitary water supply was available'. The newly built house was occupied by Mr. W. W. Green on October 19th 1900 and used water that was 2 yards away from the stables. Morgans stated that the well had been tested and proved to be good, the stables having good drains away from the well. Morgans were fined 13 shillings costs and ordered to obtain the appropriate certification.


Morgans sales 1960 were :-
61 barrels of beer
27 spirits.

S&P report prepared for Watney Mann in June 1969 reported that ``Trade is bad. House is huge but licensed area and toilets poor and limited''. Immediate closure was recommended.

Closure was agreed at the Estates Committee Meeting of 19th August 1969

Licence renewal not applied for 12.02.1971