NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEENS ARMS HARLESTON Index
THOROUGHFARE EARSHAM HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 1933
EARSHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 21/3/1 & PS 21/3/2 (1932 to 1967)
LACONS  
Licensees :
HENRY BUCKENHAM
Age 67 in 1861
1861 - 1863
THOMAS BUCKENHAM *1864
CHARLES KENT
& fishmonger & curer
1869 - 1883
THOMAS CHARLISH
& coal merchant
Age 45 in 1891
*1886 - *1900
BURTON CHAPMAN * 1912
Mrs ANNIE ELIZABETH HART 1916 - *1922
WILLIE HART *1925 - 1933




Thanks to Kate Chenneour 09.2009


Previously the HALF MOON

Purchased in 1897 by Alfred Taylor and the Hon. Douglas Tollemache
and subsequently sold to Lacon & Co.

Property described in 1897 as the Queens Arms, House, Barbers Shop and cottage.

Mrs. Annie Hart was admonished at Harleston Petty Sessions on Friday13th October 1916 when it was suggested that she had served stout to three boys of about 14 years of age. One of the lads had been accused of stealing a walking stick from the house and was bound over for six months. The police were requested to make a report upon the Queens Arms at the next licensing meeting.


(Source `Whatever happened to the Half Moon' - Terry Mayes & David Neville
2006 - ISBN 0954737229)


Licence renewal refused 20.06.1933
Referred to Compensation.