NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
PRINCE OF WALES HETHERSETT index
CANNS LANE
TURNPIKE
HUMBLEYARD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED by 1939
Transferred c1903 from SWAINSTHORPE DIVISION to :-
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 9/8/3 ( 1903 to 1957)
COOPER BROWN & Co. Leased from John Henry Grounds
STEWARD & PATTESON to closure
Licensees :
-
JAMES LOFTY * 1864
THOMAS GROUNDS
( Recorded as retired in 1891 - age 67 )
1868 - 1888
JOHN HENRY GROUNDS
Age 35 in 1891
by 1890
JOHN CABLE 18.10.1907
ANNIE CABLE 21.04.1911
ERNEST COLLINS 17.10.1913
WILLIAM BRADFORD 16.10.1914
to closure




Licence surrendered 1937 in consideration for new licence to be granted for the ROUND WELL - Costessey. No compensation paid.

( It seems that the ROUND WELL was licensed from 1937 but did not open until 1939 )

House sold by S&P 1940.