NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
TROWEL & HAMMER HETHERSETT index
LYNCH GREEN HUMBLEYARD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED by 1840
-
Licensees :
-
-  
THOMAS DAVEY
& maltster
1816
-  




In 1816 Thomas Davey, a Norwich maltster and wife Mary were admitted as tenants.

In 1840 the property was purchased by Edward Blake.
It was then described as `Lately being a Beer House and called by the name of the Trowel & Hammer but then unoccupied.'

The property is referenced as a former beerhouse from 1840

Information provided by Bill Reekie - Hethersett Voluntary Archivist.
Many Thanks.