NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWN HORSFORD Index
CHURCH STREET TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE See YEAST & FEAST
BLOFIELD, TAVERHAM & WALSHAM REGISTER taken September 1789 & September 1794 and TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 9/8/1 to PS 9/8/3 (1872 to 1957) Note gap in records 1887 to 1903
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN to closure 31.10.1968
FREEHOUSE Reopened.....Closed...... Reopened as c1992 RUBY TUESDAYS....
FREEHOUSE  Reopened in 1990's as the YEAST & FEAST.
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT ANDREWS 1789 - 1794
-  
-  
SEWELL WEBSTER 1836
JAMES COLE
& farmer 20 acres
age 48 in 1851
1841 - 1861
EZRA WALKER 1863 - 1865
JAMES IVES 1868 - 1869
EDWARD MILLER
& farmer
1871 to 1879
ROBERT LAWS 27.12.1879
SAMUEL LAWS 24.10.1885
JAMES PUNCHARD
Age 58 in 1911
by 1900
ELIZABETH PUNCHARD 29.04.1916
GEORGE KIRK 20.10.1917
JOHN NAPIER 03.11.1923
ERNEST THOMAS DANIELS 06.11.1926
to 1958 +
-  
DEREK RODBARD &
DALE GEDGE
1980's
-  


Formerly the ROSE & CROWN.

Mentioned 1709 in settlement before marriage between Jacob Preston and Elizabeth Perry. In 1753 described as the CROWN & ROSE in a settlement between Isaac Preston and others.

The CROWN as recorded in Register of Blofield, Taverham & Walsham Hundred licensed houses taken 9th September 1789.


Closure of either this house or the DOG proposed at the First joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29th May 1962. Not agreed. Sales then reported as 41 barrels per year.

Sales in year to closure 1968 were 31 barrels of beer.
Closed 1968 as being `uneconomic'

Reopened as a Freehouse by early 1980's but closed again before reopening for a short period as RUBY TUESDAYS.

Operating as the YEAST & FEAST by late 1990's