NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HOUSE HORSHAM St FAITHS Index
TURNPIKE ROAD TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE from 1865 CLOSED 03.05.1957
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 27/8/1 - PS 27/8/2 (1903 to 1975)     (note 1887 to 1903 missing)
St MARTINS BREWERY  to sale 1795 (Property of the late John Day)
STEWARD & PATTESON Leased from Viscount Ranelagh from c1875
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM BROOSE (Breeze ?) 1789
-  
-  
-  
WILLIAM NEWTON (38)
Innkeeper - Near Turnpike
(See Crown where W Newton senior is resident)
*1851
Not identified 1854 - 1864
possibly then known as the THATCHERS ARMS
JOHN ROWLAND 1865 to 1876
AMELIA ROWLAND 16.12.1876
JOHN LACEY FLAXMAN 15.12.1877
Fine 10/- plus 17/- costs for selling out of hours 01.12.1877
ANN LACEY FLAXMAN 16.07.1881
GEORGE DOVE 09.12.1882
JOHN RUDD
age 57 in 1891
(Fanny Rudd was 47)
27.10.1883
FANNY RUDD c1903 to 1905
ROBERT WATSON DAINES
Age 41 in 1911
03.06.1905
WILLIAM STOKES SYMONDS 03.06.1911
SAMUEL EDWARDS 22.11.1913
WALTER NORMAN BURROWS 06.01.1917
ALICE BURROWS 1937
CLEMENT PATRICK MAINE 09.04.1938
HENRY BALL WATLING 15.10.1938
Two fines each of £1 for selling out of hours 10.05.1947
MARY ANN WATLING 13.10.1955


Recorded in Register of Blofield, Taverham & Walsham Hundred licensed houses taken 9th September 1789.

Lot No 3 in sale of St Martins Brewery as advertised 11th October 1794 - given as WHITE HORSE.

Lot No 10 in sale of John Day's Brewery 9th May 1795.

Spirit licence granted 2nd September 1865.

Given as WHITE HORSE 1865, 1868, 1871, 1879, 1883, 1888, 1896, 1900 & 1904


16 barrels of beer sold in year prior to closure.

Licence removed to JOLLY FARMERS, Ormesby - confirmed by Norfolk County Confirming and Compensation Authority 01.05.1957