NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SANDRINGHAM HOTEL OLD HUNSTANTON Index
RAILWAY STATION SMITHDON HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1965
SMITHDON, DOCKING & BROTHERCROSS LICENCE REGISTERS PS 13/4/1 & 2 (1949 to 1975)
BRITISH TRANSPORT COMMISSION   
PETER REGINALD TURNER 1962
FREEHALL HOTELS Ltd 1962
MICHAEL GEOFFREY FEATHERSTONE of the Sandringham 1965
Licensees :
-  
A J MUIR manager
Family Hotel
1877
CHARLES PEARCE 1879
WILLIAM NICHOLS
(manager - age 26 in 1881)
1881 - 1885
THOMAS BOLTON 1890
CHARLES R WHITHE
age 47
1891
(Great Eastern Railway)  (1892 - 1912)
HARRY WILLIAMS
manager - age 35
1901
Great Eastern Railway Co 1912
L.N.E.R. 1937
ARTHUR ALLEN RYAN by 1949
WILLIAM HENRY JOHNSON 10.10.1949
PETER R TURNER 24.07.1950
LESLIE WILLIAM CHARLES COOPER 10.10.1960
PETER REGINALD TURNER 08.01.1962
PETER HORSFALL & JAMES MANSFIELD 22.10.1962
PETER HORSFALL & GEORGE WILLIAM PRATT 13.01.1964
GEORGE WILLIAM PRATT &
MICHAEL GEOFFREY FEATHERSTONE
08.02.1965




Built in the 1870's and run by the Great Eastern Railway.

Sarah Parker (42) is running a lodging house in this
proximity in 1871

(A property called Sandringham House was conveyed to Elijah Eyres from Hamon Le Strange 23rd October 1914.)

House requisitioned by the British Army in 1940 and sold to the Hunstanton Council in 1945. The ground floor then made into a library and the rest of the hotel used as accommodation rented out to the RAF and USAF. On the south side and to the rear was the Casino Ballroom and the Hole In The Wall Bar.
The Casino became the Sunset Rooms in 1964 and George Pratt was the manager.

Closed 1965
Demolished 1967

In 1970 the HARLEQUIN BAR, a prefabricated building, was erected on the site and the remaining area used as a car park. Shops and flats were built on the site in 1984.

History 1940 to 1984 thanks to Dick Melton of Hunstanton 17/10/2018.