NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RED LION  KENNINGHALL Index
EAST CHURCH STREET GUILTCROSS HUNDRED FULL LICENCE Tel : 01953 887849
GUILTCROSS REGISTERS TAKEN 19th September 1789 and 17th September 1794
DISS BREWERY 1700's : 
- House owned by Margaret Burlingham according to the will of her husband George Burlingham, written in 1797 and proved 27th June 1801. 
George Burlingham was a linen weaver.
BIDWELLS Conveyed from the late L S Bidwell to S C Bidwell 30.12.1868 ( Lease ? )
Purchased by E C Quilter 1st April 1905
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN    
BRENT WALKER   
BRUCE BERRY  1998
Licensees :
-  
HUMPHREY LOVACK / LOVICK 1789 - 1794
-  
-  
ANDREW BOWEN & butcher
( A. Bowing 1830  )
died first quarter of 1840
1830 - 1839
ROBERT COOK
age 30 in 1841
1841 - 1845
ZACHARIAH DIXON
& tinman
1846
HENRY WORMAN (42 in 1851)
(Henry Woman / Werman  1850)
& butcher
1850 - * 1851
SIMON CRISP 1854
JAMES BILHAM 1856
Mrs ELIZABETH SOUTHGATE
age 68 in 1881
1858 - 1881
JOHN CLAXTON junior
& sawyer
& carpenter 1891
1883 - 1896
JAMES POTTER to 08.1898
GEORGE SHIP 10.08.1898
JOHN CLAXTON
age 57 in 1911
1900 - 1929
FRANK LATIMER OXER 1933 - 1937
-
WILLIAM A HOLMAN 1959 - 1962
-
BRUCE & MANDY BERRY From 1997
-  


Said to have been operating since 1722.

Given 1851 & 1871 as at West Church Street.

The house was valued at £620 - 25th July 1889

It was planned to close the house following the meeting of the First Joint Bullards and S&P Committee 29th May 1962.
`Sales of 97 barrels a year, licensee aged 41 and has been a tenant for 4 years'

 

Closed from c1989

Reopened February 1997

Award winning house by 2007