NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD LENWADE index
FAKENHAM ROAD EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1982
Eynesford Licence Registers PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 ( c1880 - 1975 )
TOMPSONS Conveyed to Morgans 25th March 1845
MORGANS   
BULLARDS from 1961
WATNEY MANN to closure
Licensees :
-  
EDWARD BLYTHE 1835 - 1836
MARY BLYTH
Age 45
1841
ROBERT BLYTH
& machine maker
& wheelwright
1845
Mrs FRANCES BLYTHE 1846
JOHN WILLIAMSON * 1850
SAMUEL FARMAN
age 34 in 1851
& basketmaker
1851 - 1856
WILLIAM GRAY by 1861
JAMES PAYNE MILK 21.12.1880
Convicted 10.05.1882 of knowingly receiving stolen goods, the property of Morgans Brewery.
Age 30 in 1881. Died Q4 1899 age 49.
See below.
EBENEZER BATES 15.05.1882
WILLIAM HENRY BATES 18.12.1899
Mrs ANNIE BATES 19.12.1904
HORACE WILLIAM PRATT 17.12.1906
ROBERT WILLIAM MILK 14.10.1912
Mrs ELIZA MILK 04.02.1929
Mrs ELIZA LOCK ( remarried ) undated
ROBERT FRANCIS 01.02.1932
WILLIAM ROBERT PEARCE 25.04.1932
ARTHUR FISHER BURTON 13.02.1939
CECIL F  SUTTON 08.09.1952
LEONARD READ 19.06.1967
NORMAN & JOAN EGMORE 10.02.1969 - to closure


The James Payne Milk in residence 1881 to 1882 was the cousin of another James Payne Milk, who was a farmer at Loke Farm Hockering. ( Died Q4 1931, age 85 )

The Kings Head c1916 - The view is much the same today.
c1916

A covered 9 pin ground was included in the property when conveyed
( as the WILLIAM IV or KINGS HEAD ) to Morgans in 1845.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
113 barrels of beer
41 spirits.

Named the KING Of HEARTS when no change recommended at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962

Sales reported as 123 barrels.

Closed c1982 and de-licensed.

Today a popular Tea Shop & Restaurant.
( Observed closed July 2015 )


Reopened 19th February 2016 as a Tearoom, Bar & Restaurant, the QUEEN OF HEARTS.