NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BREWERY LETHERINGSETT index


Known as Hagen's Brewery to November 1780, later purchased by William Hardy.

( William Hardy had married Mary at Whissonsett in 1765. He was then living at East Dereham )

According to Mary Hardy's diary they moved to Letheringsett after William Hardy saw the dwelling house,
brewery and 50 acres of land up for sale in 1781

Ownership passed to William Hardy Cozens in 1842 upon the death of William Hardy ( Son of the original William Hardy )
He changed his name to William Cozens-Hardy as a condition of William Hardy's will.

The company was trading as W. H. Cozens-Hardy & Sons by 1888.
William Cozens-Hardy died in 1895 and the estate was sold to Morgans, who were in control by 1897.

17 public houses plus 9 perches of land adjoining the Bell Inn at Fakenham were included in the sale to Morgans.

The premises were used for manufacture of soft drinks until partially destroyed by fire in 1936.