NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWN LITTLE FRANSHAM Index
BACK STREET LAUNDITCH HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 21.01.1963
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTER 14.09.1795 & PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 - 1975)
JAMES GRIGGS of South Creake - Leased to Steward & Patteson by 1901
STEWARD & PATTESON Purchased 27.10.1922 for £525
Licensees :
-  
PETER CRAWFORD (Crawfoot ?) 1795
-  
ISAAC POOLEY 1824
ABRAHAM POWLEY
age 48 in 1851
& butcher
& 6 acre farm
1836 - 1864
EDMUND BODDY
age 45 in 1871
died by March 1881
1865 - 1879
SUSANNAH BODDY
age 37 in 1881
1883 according to White - trades directory
1881 - 1883
GEORGE HOWARD
according to White - village directory
1883
GEORGE STEGGLES 1888
JOHN CLARKE 1890
ALLEN BLADES
age 24 in 1891
by 1891
ERNEST ROBERT BOWMAN 06.04.1923
ROBERT JOHN LAKE SYMONDS 10.10.1924 to closure 1963
MICHAEL CHARLES RIX
( Brewery Representative ?)
08.02.1963


18th August 1824 - included in an estate sale "A messuage (late the Crown Alehouse) at Little Fransham in the occupation of Mr. Isaac Pooley"
The above suggests that the CROWN relocated to new premises about 1824?


S&P sales 1962 -
31 barrels of beer

Closure agreed at First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson.

Licence renewal not applied for 11.02.1966