NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ROSE & CROWN LITTLE MELTON Index
- FULL LICENCE HUMBLEYARD HUNDRED CLOSED 19.10.1975
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 9/8/3   (1903 - 1957)
FREEHOUSE Only supplied by Steward & Patteson during the year 1837 to 1838
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN Closed by WATNEY MANN (East Anglia) Ltd in 1975
Licensees :
JOHN BURCHAM 1836
WILLIAM BURCHAM
Age 25
(Gardener in 1845)
*1841
ROBERT HOWARD
Age 29 in 1851
See opposite
1851
JOHN ANDREWS
& joiner
1854 - 1856
Miss MARIA REYNOLDS 1858
MARY A. REYNOLDS
Age 55 in 1861
*1861 - 1881
JOSHUA REYNOLDS 1883 - 1888
Mrs. EMMA REYNOLDS 1890 - 1892
SAMUEL CROME DRAKE 1896  to 1910
GEORGE REYNOLDS
Age 24 in 1911
03.06.1910
CHARLES ALBERT MOORE 18.04.1913
to 1915
THOMAS HAYWARD LOOME From 1915
ETHEL MAY LOOME 21.07.1916
THOMAS HAYWARD LOOME 07.02.1920
ETHEL MAY LOOME 02.05.1925
ALICE MAY LOOME 12.10.1940
JOSEPH HAMBLING (died 1968) 1959 - 1968
EDITH HAMBLING 1968 - 1975

Image thanks to Rex Hambling 2009
A gathering in 1966.
It appears to be 4:45pm - unusual opening hours.
Special event - or has the clock stopped ?
Image thanks to Rex Hambling
Joseph Hambling at the door - Image provided by Gordon Cox
c1967 - Images supplied by Gordon Cox.

Edith & Joseph Hambling in the servery.
Edith & Joseph Hambling at work.
(The house had no bar, the drinks were served directly from this cellar through a hatch).

At Hethersett Petty Sessions held Monday 7th December 1864, Thomas Bacon and James Harvey, both of Little Melton, were charged with behaving in a riotous manner in the house of Susannah Reynolds, and of refusing to leave.
Bacon was fined 20s with 15s costs and Harvey 25s and costs of 15s. Bacon was further charged with breaking a window for which he was fined 1s, plus damage of 2s and costs of 12s 6d.

Robert Howard was given as an Insolvent Debtor 15th November 1851, described as formerly of Eaton, Farmer and then as a Beerhouse Keeper, Dealer, Gardener and Farmer at Little Melton.


House closed 1975


Reopened c1976 as the VILLAGE INN

 

Thanks to Gordon Cox for update 02.2003