NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
OXFORD STORES LITTLE WALSINGHAM Index
25 HIGH STREET
NR22 6BY
NORTH GREENHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE 01328 820783
NORTH GREENHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 27/8/1 & PS 27/8/2 (1903 - 1975)
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN 11.04.1967
CHEF & BREWER  
FREEHOUSE  ? 25th January 1998
TAGER INNS LTD by 2003 : Reg office : 443 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH14 0AX
Licensees :
-
-  
JOHN CODMAN 1868
WILLIAM LENS 1871
EDWARD HAROLD
& carpenter
1875 - 1883
HENRY HOWELL
according to White
1883
JANE SIMPSON by 1896
SIDNEY REYNOLDS
Age 46 in 1911
02.05.1904
HENRY WALTER NOBLE 04.11.1912
WALTER KELLY 04.05.1914
WILLIAM JAMES LACEY 01.11.1915
HERBERT E WALKER 06.11.1916
FREDERICK WILLIAM SNELLING 05.02.1917
LAVINA SOPHIA WALKER 02.11.1931
BASIL HERBERT WALKER 06.11.1950
JAMES HENRY MIDDLEDITCH 02.01.1956
ERNEST T BULLOCK 04.01.1965
MICHAEL JOHN TAYLOR 06.01.1975
CARL WILKINS 1976 - 1981
LES WILLIAMS 07.04.1981 - 10.1982
.  
JO VINCENT (manager) by 11.2003
-  


Thanks to Nichola Rayner of Tager Inns Ltd
for the update 12.2003


The Oxford - February 1998
February 1998

Reputed to date back to 1300's, a former pilgrims hostel possibly known as the MOON & STAR and later the SARACEN'S HEAD.

Present building dates from the mid 16th century and the deep cellar possibly part of the earlier SARACENS' HEAD.

For Sale by Auction August 1869.
a commodious and well-established House.

Given as holding a 6 day licence in 1903.

At the February 1904 Licensing Sessions, the house was described as a beerhouse and it was reported that the conduct of the licensee had been criticised in November 1903 and since then other cases had arisen and the house was considered to be unsatisfactorily conducted. The licence was however renewed.

Considered for closure at the licensing sessions 7th March 1910. `The position being most inconvenient, both in front and at the back'

Licence of the QUEEN ADELAIDE, Wells removed to these premises 11.05.1951. (Upgraded from 6 day licence to full 7 day licence?)

Offered for sale as a `Vacant Pub' October 2009