NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWN LODDON index
THE STREET
WEST SIDE
LODDON HUNDRED - -
STEWARD & PATTESON Freehold owned by Finch & Steward as documented 1837 - 1851
Licensees :
-
-  
JOHN SPENCE 1834
WILLIAM DAY 1836
CHARLES FAIRHEAD
age 66 in 1851
& butcher
1839 - 1851
LUCY UTTING 1854 - 1856
JAMES HURN 1858
WILLIAM CULLUM
& cordwainer
1861




John Spence the elder left the Crown Inn to his eldest son, also John Spence, in a will dated 1834. He was in occupation at the time and had purchased the house from John Myhill.

To let with possession from 29th September 1856 - Apply Messrs. Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co.

( Mrs Emma Cullum is given as a milliner 1856,
and John Thomas Cullen as a photographic artist ).