NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FOX & HOUNDS LODDON index
BECCLES ROAD
The Street - South side
LODDON HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1996
LODDON & CLAVERING REGISTERS taken September 1789 & 1794
? James Back of Lakenham - owner according to 1835 Register of Electors.
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS Property owned by Charles Crawshay as recorded 17th March 1888
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
BRENT WALKER  
-  
Licensees :
-
-  
THOMAS BEART 1789
JOHN RUDRUM
(Rudram 1794)
1794 - 1804
WILLIAM LAWES 1820
WILLIAM DOWSON
(Died 04.02.1845 whilst apparently staying at the COMPASSES, Norwich - age 53
1836
HENRY BRISTER
age 62 in 1851
& journeyman carpenter
(as Henry Bristow 1845)
1839 - 1865
Mrs MARY BRISTER
age 74 in 1869
1868 - 1870
CHARLES JOHN BELL 1875 - 1881
ELIJAH SUTTON
(Farmer at Stubbs Green 1904)
1883 - 1900
CHARLES BAILEY 1908 - 1925
J. ALFRED CLARKE 1929 - 1937
..
Mr & Mrs ALFRED CHARLES SCARFE
Went to Stoke Holy Cross RED LION
1955 - 1978
-  
-  


November 1996 - The end of an era.
November 1996.

The Hampshire Telegraph reported 19th November 1804, that a potato of one foot in length, a circumference of 11ΒΌ inches and a weight of 3lbs was taken up on the Loddon premises of Mr. Rudrum, the Fox & Hounds.


Included in Loddon & Clavering Register taken 21st September 1789.
Offering in 1916 "Motor cars for hire; motor garage; petrol & oil stocked; good stabling accommodation".


No change recommended at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962.
Sales reported as 307 barrels of beer.


Offered for sale November 1996
(For housing development)