NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RED LION LODDON Index
THE STREET LODDON HUNDRED 6 DAY LICENCE CLOSED by 1910
BULLARDS  
Licensees :
-
-  
JOHN M. GOFF
& farmer
& wine, spirit & seed merchant
1851 - 1861
-  
WILLIAM A. ROBERTSON
& wine, spirit, seed & corn merchant
1871 - * 1877
GEORGE LAMB 1879
HENRY EDWARDS 1883
BENJAMIN SEAMAN 1888 - 1890
GEORGE WARMAN 1891 - 1892
JOHN LEE GREEN 1896
DAVID MENNELL 1904
FRANK P MEDCALF 1909




Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909. Reported as an alehouse with a 6 day licence, owned by Bullard & Sons Ltd. and run by licensee Frank P Medcalf.


Freehold property referred for Compensation by Bullards 31.05.1910



Note :

In 1863, John Goff & Son are auctioneers, estate agents and valuers, wine, spirit and seed merchants and Agents to the Royal farmers and General Hailstone Insurance Companies.
The Red Lion is not mentioned.

Similarly in 1868 Charles M Roberts is recorded as a wine, spirit, corn cake and artificial manure merchant and Agent to the Royal Farmers and General Hailstone Insurance Companies.
The Red Lion is again not mentioned.

In 1877 W A Robinson is recorded as a
Wine, spirit, corn, seed, cake, and artificial manure merchant,
Agent to the Royal Farmers' and General Hailstone Insurance Company.
There is no mention of being a licensee of a public house but the Red Lion is not mentioned elsewhere.