NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
UNICORN MILEHAM Index
LITCHAM ROAD LAUNDITCH HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 12.08.1963
LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS 11th September 1794 & 14th September 1795 and MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS 14.09.1795 & PS 12/5/1 to PS 12/5/2 (1901 to 1975)
DEREHAM BREWERY Included in 1828 sale
JOHN MORSE Appears in Swaffham Brewery deeds dated 1790 - 1872
STEWARD & PATTESON   
Licensees :
-  
JOHN PIPER from November 1778 
ELIZABETH REEDER 1794 - 1795
-  
JOHN REEDER 1836
EDMUND COOPER 1845 - 1847
DANIEL BUSH
age 31 in 1851
 (& road surveyor & inspector to Local board of Health - 1856 & 1858)
1850 - 1858
HENRY DAWS
Age 64 in 1881
*1861 - 1892
CHARLES DAWS
Assistant overseer & parish clerk
by 1896
GEORGE ARTHUR WALKER 02.01.1914
WILLIAM H DENNY 16.10.1914
WILLIAM LOCK 12.10.1917
WILLIAM ROBERSON 05.01.1923
LEONARD ROBERT KILLENGREY 12.10.1923
THOMAS JACOBS 08.01.1926
FREDERICK ARTHUR EAGLE 07.01.1927
GEORGE ERNEST BOWMAN 12.10.1956
to closure
REGINALD NORMAN FEEK
Brewery Representative
23.08.1963


The Norfolk Chronicle of 28th September 1776 advertised a sale by auction at these premises.

John Piper arrived at the house as announced 14th November 1778. He had previously been at the Kings Arms, Blakeney.

Shown on Bryant's 1826 map.

Lot No. 69 in second day of the sale by order of the Trustees of the late John Morse, 9th September 1847. Including Very Large Clubroom, Stables, Gig House, Granary, Yard, Garden & convenient outbuildings
- Copyhold to the Manor of Mileham & Beeston.

Comedian William Danby was a lodger here in 1851.

Closure agreed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29th May 1962.
Sales given as 71 barrels

 

Licence renewal not applied for 11.02.1964