NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LIFEBOAT INN MUNDESLEY Index
12 CROMER ROAD NORTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED BEERHOUSE later
FULL LICENCE
CLOSED c1984
See NEW LIFEBOAT
NORTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 24/6/1 to 24/9/3 (1872 - c1982)
FREEHOUSE Supplied by S&P as a Freehouse during the years 1839 to 1840 and again 1846 to 1847
TRUNCH BREWERY of Philip S. Primrose
STEWARD & PATTESON after 1903
WATNEY MANN  
Licensees :
JOHN PRESTON
victualler & builder
1836
THOMAS WOODHOUSE
& coal merchant
1845 - 1858
GEORGE B. DEARY
also as DERRY
Age 53 in 1871
by 1863
HENRY AMISS 06.01.1873
JAMES LARNER 04.01.1875
Mrs ELIZABETH WOODHOUSE 03.01.1876
Miss EMMA FOX
manageress
Age 50 in 1891
03.07.1882
OLDMAN CARTER 01.04.1901
WILLIAM ISAAC REEVE 11.11.1901
FREDERICK WILSON 07.11.1904
ALBERT EDWARD CORDWELL 26.03.1928
CLYDE ROY SIMPSON 13.10.1934
CYRIL WATSON LUKER (?) 06.11.1939
JOHN HOUCHEN GUNTON 24.03.1941
CHARLES BULL 12.11.1943
FRANK WARD 30.06.1952
Fine £2/4/- for selling out of hours 04.06.1953
Fine £5 for selling out of hours 01.11.1954
ERNEST THORNTON 07.02.1955
JOHN LESLIE WHITTAKER 24.06.1957
JACK PICKETT 25.05.1961
BRIAN EDWARD YAXLEY 24.10.1974
-  



Said to be the oldest pubs in the village.
One of the bars had previously been used as a Coal Office,
at a time when coal was landed on the beach.

Offered For sale by Private Contract, April 1844 and described as recently built, of the best material and a much-frequented Inn.
 Containing Sitting-rooms and airy and comfortable Bed-rooms, good Stables, Gig-house, &c.

House closed c1943 -
Letter from S&P states that house will reopen
15.11.1943 following suspension under
section 10 of the 1942 Finance Act.

Damaged in storms 1949

Closed by Watney Mann c1984