NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD MUNDFORD Index
- GRIMSHOE HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 21.10.1970
GRIMSHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/1 (1926 - 1954) & THETFORD LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/2 (1921 - 1965)
- House owned by George Taylor of Mundford 1836/7
BIDWELLS Purchased by E C Quilter 1st April 1905 - Continued trading as Bidwells
BULLARDS from take-over of Bidwells 1924
WATNEYS Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd 1970
Licensees :
-  
HENRY TAYLOR
(Kings Arms ?)
1789
-  
-  
JAMES CHAMBERS 1830
JOHN CHAMBERS 1832 - 1846
DANIEL DEATH
age 45 in 1851
1851 - 1868
JOHN GASKEN / GASKIN
& wheelwright
29.04.1868 - 1900
GEORGE GASKEN 1904 to 1930
ELIZABETH SUSAN GASKEN 04.02.1930
GEORGE MARTIN 02.07.1947
JAMES HENRY BLAKEY 18.07.1956
ISOBEL GERTRUDE BLAKEY 06.12.1966

The KINGS HEAD - Mundford
c1900
(Anybody able to identify the Horseless Carriage?)

Same house as identified as the KINGS ARMS in Grimshoe Licence Register taken 7th September 1789 ?


Valuation dated 25th July 1889 gives £900

Sales 1961 reported at First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P as 141 barrels of beer.
No change was recommended.

Sales 1970 given as 72 barrels of draught ale
and 53 barrels of bottled beer.

Seemingly trading as a beerhouse to closure, with no spirit sales ever mentioned.

 

 

See page 60 of `Thetford Postcards' by D Osborne