NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HOUSE ON THE GREEN NORTH WOOTTON Index
THE GREEN
LING COMMON ROAD
FREEBRIDGE-LYNN HUNDRED BEERHOUSE -
FULL LICENCE 06.05.1953
Tel: 01553 631323
BAGGES BREWERY  
STEWARD & PATTESON    
WATNEY MANN 1967
  WHITBREAD  
ENTERPRISE INNS From 2002 ( Sold March 2018)
-  
Licensees :
HENRY TOWLER
& carter (& farmer 1883)
Age 51 in 1891
*1868 - 1908
JOHN JAMES MURRAY 1912 - 1922
FREDERICK JOHN HUGHES 1925 - 1929
HERBERT STANLEY STEWARD by 1933
Relocated to Ling Common Road c1953
HERBERT STANLEY STEWARD 1950's - 1964
CYRIL DOUGLAS VARNEY 03.02.1964
JOHN FRANCIS EARNSHAW 06.02.1968
THOMAS WALTER HOLDEN 31.03.1970
-  
-  
IRENE ARMSTRONG 09.2013
Closed December 2016 to 16th March 2018
ROBBIE & ANITA TEMPERTON by 16.03.2018
Closed 1st April 2018 since Enterprise Inns (Ei) sold the premises.
-  
July 2002 - by Peter Irwin
Image by Peter Irwin - July 2002


The original HOUSE ON THE GREEN stood on Little Carr Road.

The RED CAT stood on this site until 1898 when it relocated to new premises on Station Road. The vacated house was converted to (two?) cottages which remained occupied until the 1950's when the building became the current HOUSE ON THE GREEN.

Damaged by enemy action 13.03.1941

Beerhouse to 6th May 1953 when the licence of the SHIP INN, Swaffham transferred to these premises.