|ROBERT PETER GLADDEN
|* 1845 - 1861
|Mrs M A
& coal merchant
( Mrs Edward Page )
|ARTHUR JAMES ANDREWS
|ROBERT T SMITH
A beerhouse in 1879.
A six day licence was held from 1878 to 1882
A full licence ( 7 day ) was granted 04.09.1882
and an application was made for a spirit licence,
this was refused at the following Sessions.
An application was made 03.09.1883 for a spirit licence,
it was again refused by the County Licensing Committee.
The application for a spirit licence, made on 01.09.1884
was granted by the County Licensing Committee.
Closure proposed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 26th May
1962 - Subject to inspection by Mr. L. Canham. Sales reported as 74 barrels of beer.
The house did not close, it seems that Mr. Canham was suitably impressed
with the viability of the house.
January 2013 - Threatened with closure and conversion into dwellings with
rest of site used for more housing
Robert Smith also worked as a retained fireman and drove the
Reepham fire tender. When the Commer fire tender was taken out of service, Bob was allowed
to use the bell off the tender to ring time. He also repaired shoes and was a part time
bus driver. Thanks to C. Jordan for the info.