NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
GEORGE & DRAGON REEPHAM St. MARY Index
NORWICH ROAD EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 03.12.1962
 Eynesford Licence Registers taken 17th September 1794 & PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 (c1880 - 1975)
REEPHAM BREWERY Conveyed 26th November 1878 from Reepham Brewery to Bullards
BULLARDS    
Licensees :
-  
HENRY BROWNE 1794
-  
ELIZABETH BLYTHE
(Mary Blythe - age 20 in 1841)
1830 - 1845
GEORGE HURRELL 1846
DENNIS HURRELL
age 55 in 1851
& brewers labourer
1850 - 1875
GEORGE MUNFORD
(Note : house let to John Frankland when sold 1878)
by 1877
CHARLES DUNN
& plumber & glazier
18.10.1880
WILLIAM CLITHEROE 18.12.1882
ALFRED MUNFORD 17.12.1883
HENRY MUNFORD
(also as Mundford)
03.11.1890
WALTER ENGLAND 04.04.1898
GEORGE EARLE 18.10.1898
ERNEST LEWIS VALLECARD 04.04.1899
WILLIAM CRAWFORD 17.12.1900
GEORGE GOWARD 18.03.1907
£1 fine 24.09.1917 for selling whisky out of hours.
(as was the licensee at the Sun)
AMOS FREDERICK HESMAN 12.10.1930
BURTON A ALDERTON 19.09.1949
HUBERT G QUANTRILL 08.09.1952
WILLIAM J FROST 12.12.1955
HORACE GEORGE BONE 01.12.1958
TREVOR HENRY DEACON 20.07.1959
ATHOL DALSTON DAVIS 17.10.1960
to closure 1962


Lot No. 1 in the sale by auction of the Bircham & Sons Reepham Brewery Saturday 8th June 1878. Then let to John Frankland (of Reepham Brewery ?) at an annual rent of £22. Containing :- Large Club Room, Tap Room, Bar, Bar Parlour, Kitchen & Cellar. 6 Bedrooms, Yard with gates to road, Stable for 6 horses with Loft above & Carriage Loft adjoining. Also included in the same lot an Ironmongers Shop adjoining - Freehold.
Purchased by Bullard.


Closure agreed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 26th May 1962.   Sales reported as 36 barrels of beer.
The tenant was said to be aged 67 and to have been a tenant for only 2 years.



 

Updates to licensees thanks to ``Fifteen Locals '' by Joyce Cox