NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLACK HORSE REYMERSTON index
  MITFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 12.06.1970
MITFORD REGISTER taken 12th September 1794 & MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 - 1975)
? Copyhold property supplied by a Hingham Brewery to 1833
FREEHOUSE Supplied by Steward & Patteson during the years 1837 to 1838 and again from the year 1842/1843
SWAFFHAM BREWERY For sale 1858 - property of the late Arthur Morse.
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS by at least 1897
BULLARDS     
WATNEY MANN 04.04.1967 to closure 1970
Licensees :
-
ROBERT PIGGE 1794
-  
-  
JOSEPH JESSOP 1836
WILLIAM JESSOP
age 46 in 1851
1839 - 1856
DAVID CALTON 1858
WILLIAM NEWSON 1861 - 1872
JOHN FULLER junior 1875 - 1891
FREDERICK CLARKE by 1892
ELLEN CLARKE 04.01.1907
WILLIAM JOHN JESSUP 12.10.1928
EDMUND JOHN DAWSON 22.11.1935
CHARLES HERBERT PERFECT 16.05.1952
KENNETH VICTOR STONE 05.07.1957
JACK FREDERICK BEDDER 02.01.1959
CLIFF KERRY
(Clifford Henry Kerry)
Went to Hingham Eight Ringers.
05.06.1963
to closure
ANDREW JOHN HARDY
(Brewery representative)
03.07.1970











The BLACK HORSE DARTS TEAM c1966/7

1 = Mrs Kerry
2= Cliff Kerry (Licensee)
3 = Brian Parker
4 = ?
5 = Cliffy Nichols
6 = ?

7 = Frank Arthurton
8 = Robert Staveley
9 = John Staveley
10 = Tony Frior
11 = Charlie Perfect (ex licensee ?)

Thanks to John Staveley for the photograph Nov. 2013.

copyright 2005 norfolkpubs.co.uk
The sign c1920

~

One of four public houses sold by auction Thursday 12th September 1833 along with a dwelling and brewery in Hingham, plus ten other lots including land and cottages.

Lot 6 with cottage, stable and out-houses and Two Acres of Land thereto belonging.

~

For sale by auction 7th July 1858 then in occupation of David Calton. Sale at The Crown, Swaffham.

A report prepared June 1969 by Steward & Patteson report, for Watney Mann, recommended immediate closure.
``The house has earth closets and no bathrooms. The house was due to close in 1968 but given a reprieve at the request of the locals.''