NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SWAN RINGLAND Index
THE STREET EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
Eynesford Licence Registers PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 ( c1880 - 1975 )
BULLARDS Leased : Owned by Charles Salisbury of Elsing
WATNEY MANN  
.  
Licensees :
GEORGE PALMER
age 55 in 1841 - & coal carter
age 66 in 1851
* 1836 - 1856
FREDERICK CURL
& grocer
1861 - 1867
Mrs MARY ANN CURL 1868
WILLIAM ABEL
& shopkeeper
( b. c1844 died 10.1877 - buried 15.11.1877 )
by 1869
Mrs MARGARET ABEL
( b. c1847, nee KIDD, wife of William Abel - subsequently married John Plummer )
from 1877
JOHN PLUMMER 24.09.1883
MARGARET PLUMMER 03.1900
CHARLES SLADE 23.12.1901
GEORGE ABRAHAM HARHILL 17.10.1904
RICHARD ERNEST NEVE 18.12.1905
EDMUND JAMES NORTON 18.10.1909
THOMAS FREDERICK SMITH 14.10.1912
PERCY WALTER KEYS 24.04.1922
WILLIAM JOHN LINGWOOD 10.11.1924
CLAUDE PAGE 19.12.1932
Bound to Good Behaviour 29.06.1936 upon payment of 7/- costs plus 3/4d to witnesses. 
Fines of £3/4/- on each case for being supplying intoxicating liquor during non-permitted hours to Elizabeth Hawkins, Ruby May Bugdale & Violet Sissons - 12.04.1937
ERNEST WILLIAM STARLING 07.11.1938
CLAUDE WILLIAM BRINGLOE 09.02.1948
SIDNEY C HARVEY 27.07.1953
JOAN & GEOFFREY WILLIAM SEXTON 20.06.1966
 - 1984
.  
ANDREW PARKE by 2009
-  


It was reported that on 13th January 1850, 17 year old Mary Ann Cooper accompanied another young lady, Sarah Baker, to the King of Prussia. After a short stay they went to PALMER'S TOM AND JERRY SHOP, before returning to the King of Prussia. It seems to have been this house. ( Cooper claimed to have been later assaulted by 25 year old Anthony Skipper, but the evidence of Cooper, two persons who heard the accused boasting of his actions and the evidence of a policeman was insufficient to achieve a guilty verdict.)
( Tom & Jerry, a drink of rum, egg, sugar, spices and either water or milk)
Ringland Swan c1912
c1912

1998
1998

Structural alterations were confirmed to the Licensed Property Valuer in a letter dated 22nd September 1964. The works had been completed 28th August 1964.
In a letter dated 25th September 1964, Mr J. S. Sparks wrote on behalf of Bullard & Sons Ltd  to the Licensed Property Valuer, who was based in Cambridge. The Brewery provisionally accepted the revised rating assessment of £250 p.a. for the house, following the closure of the nearby `Union Jack', but the increase was considered to be excessive. A review in 12 months' time was requested.

1969 image - thanks to Lesley Garrett 12.2016
1969

  1966
1966
Joan & Geoffrey Sexton and customers the Reverend J. Wynne-Roach and Sid Medler.
1972
1972
Image provided by Leslie Garrett 14.12.2004
Joan & Geoffrey Sexton - 1975