NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON RUSHALL Index
THE STREET EARSHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
EARSHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 21/3/1 ( Feb 1932- Feb 1947 )
HARLESTON BREWERY Sold to Mr. Waters of Diss for £605 ( Village then called RUISHALL)
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN   
NORWICH BREWERY to closure 1983
FREEHOUSE by 1991
Licensees :
-  
RICHARD BOTWRIGHT 1828
CHARLES SHEPPARD 1836
SAMUEL PEARCE 1845 - 1846
JAMES CATCHPOLE
age 38 in 1851
1851 - 1879
HENRY E. WRAGG 1881 - 1883
JAMES CORKE
( also as James Cork)
1888 - 1900
GEORGE MICKLEBURGH
(Died Monday evening 12th November 1923 - Age 70)
1904 - 1908
WALTER THURLOW 1912 - 1925
Mrs MABEL LINDER 1929
JAMES GOODWIN by 1932
JOHN SAMUEL HURRY by 1937
...... NEWBY by c1965
-  
Closed 1983
-  
JOHN HYDE &
DEBBIE PLEASANTS
1993 - January 2016
-  
Closed early 2017
RAY PAUL & SARAH CAMPBELL-JONES by November 2017


Lot No. XVII in the sale of Harleston Brewery properties 3rd July 1828.
In occupation of Richard Botwright.

A sale of properties was held here 2nd June 1835.

Transferred to Dickleburgh Parish under the Norfolk Country Review Order of 01.04.1935.
Under the jurisdiction of Diss Petty Sessions from then.

It is reported that upon closure in 1983, the fixtures & fittings were removed from the premises "to prevent vandalism".....and then burnt in the car park.

De-licensed 1984

Reopened as a freehouse March 1991.

rb552.jpg (28055 bytes)
1995