NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD SALHOUSE Index
LOWER STREET TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1926
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 9/8/1 to PS 9/8/3 ( 1872 to 1957) Note gap in records 1887 to 1903
FREEHOUSE Owned by James Hill of St Michael's, Norwich in 1835
First supplied by Steward & Patteson during the year 1837 to 1838
SEAMAN, GRIMMER & Co of Norwich by 1872
GRIMMER & Co of Norwich, c1873
LACONS by 1903
Licensees :
-  
-
RICHARD RICHES * 1836 - 1851
SARAH DUNNING 1854 - 1869
THAXTER RICE
& cordwainer
Age 59 in 1871
by 1871
SARAH RICE
( Age 58 in 1871)
17.10.1874
WILLIAM RICE 24.03.1877
Mrs HARRIET RICE
Age 52 in 1891
by 1890 - 1892
EDWARD CARR by 1896 - 1900
WILLIAM ARTHUR FOX by 1903
WILLIAM GROOM 21.11.1908
CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH GROOM 07.02.1920

 

Richard Riches is recorded as a boot and shoe maker and beerhouse in 1836.
In 1845 only given as a shoemaker - no mention of beer.
The 1851 census gives Mr. Riches as a 72 year old Cordwainer, living at Lower Street. His servant is Sarah Dunning.
A notification dated 21st July 1851 advised all persons who had any claim or demand on the late Robert Riches, Innkeeper and Shoemaker, to contact his Executor Samuel Browne at Salhouse.

Licence removed 06.02.1926 to the FALCON HOTEL, Hellesdon, on condition that the licence of the JOLLY BUTCHERS, St Faiths also be surrendered.