NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
STORES SAXLINGHAM NETHERGATE index
THE STREET HENSTEAD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED by July 1907
YOUNGS & Co  
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS  
Licensees :
   
RICHARD FULLER * 1836 - * 1846
ELIZABETH FULLER
Age 50 in 1851
* 1850 - * 1851
REHOBOTH PORTER
& Chelsea Pensioner
Age 84 in 1861
* 1854 - 1861
RICHARD FULLER * 1863 - * 1864
Mrs HANNAH BUCK
& coal seller
* 1865 - 1875
JAMES BARKER * 1879
GEORGE SMITH * 1888
HENRY SMITH
Age 60 in 1891
1890 - 1892
RICHARD  BALDRY
& grocer
1896 - 1904
WALTER GOSLING 1906
RICHARD  BALDRY
& grocer
* 1908


As the SAXLINGHAM STORES 1871
Listed as a Beerhouse 17th March 1888, the property of John Youngs the Elder, previously known as the FARMERS BEERSHOP.
Also referenced as the JOLLY FARMERS ( 1861 ) and in 1897, as the FARMERS.


The Norfolk Chronicle of 10.02.1906 reported that the Bench noted the objection to renewal of licence at the Swainsthorpe Sessions.
The house is noted as the property of Youngs & Crawshay. The police objected on the basis that the house was combined with a shop, giving `increased facilities for drinking'. Upon hearing that there were 5 other houses in the Street, and an undertaking from the Brewer to close off access from the shop, the licence was provisionally granted and referred to the Quarter Sessions for `that Court to decide'.

Licence not renewed at the Kings Lynn Compensation Authority Meeting as reported in the Lynn Advertiser of 12th July 1907