NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
OLD GEORGE SHIPDHAM index
LITTLE HALE MITFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED c1909
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 to 1975)
BIDWELL'S DEREHAM to at least 1856
SWAFFHAM BREWERY  
STEWARD & PATTESON to closure
Licensees :
EDMUND ROSE
age 22 in 1851
( As Edward Rose 1854, 1856 & 1858 )
* 1851 - 1865
Fine of 6s and costs for opening his house before 12:30pm on Sunday 12th February 1854.
GEORGE BALDWIN * 1869
Fine of 5s and 12s costs 5th November 1869 after pleading guilty to having his house open for the sale of beer before half past twelve on Sunday 31st October 1869. See Below.
THOMAS BALDWIN 1871 - 1872
GEORGE BALDWIN 1875
HENRY CROSS 1877 - * 1883
ROBERT W. CARTER 1891
GEORGE CARTER 1892 - 1896
THOMAS HARMAN by 1900
to closure

5th November 1869 - Gamekeeper John Nicholds and labourers James Clarke, Henry Rose and William Basham were each fined 1s with 12s costs for being present in the beerhouse at illegal hours.

Advertised to Let September 1856 with entry at Old Michaelmas Day ( 10th October ). Then doing a good business in beer, wine and spirits. The premises in excellent repair and including large and convenient stables and Bowling Green.
Apply at Messrs. Bidwell's Brewery, East Dereham.

Lot No 6 in sale advertised 29th November 1856.
A Public House with stables and other outbuildings, yard, gardens and about 1A 0R 0P of arable land. Situated next the road leading to Saham and in occupation of Mr. A. Morse's Executors. Apportioned rent of £12 per annum - Copyhold, Fine certain.

Referred for Compensation 05.03.1909

Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909. Reported as a beerhouse ( ante 1869 ), owned by Steward & Patteson Ltd. and run by licensee Thomas Harman.

Licence extinct 07.06.1910

Property named Victor House by 1996