NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BREWERY SOUTH CREAKE Index
- BROTHERCROSS HUNDRED - CLOSED c1914
 
Brewing commenced c1750

Robert Oliver was brewing by 1850 and was succeeded by his brother Thomas Oliver.
Edward Oliver then followed and in the 1880's his widow Hannah Oliver took over.

James Pinchen was a Baking Powder and Mineral Water supplier in Corpusty until he acquired the South Creake Brewery by 1896.

The brewery was destroyed by fire during August 1898, with the damage estimated at £3000.

By 1908 the brewery was rebuilt and trading as Pinchen & Sons.

Brewing ceased c1914 and by 1921 the premises were used to produce razor blades.

see
CHEQUERS which adjoined the brewery.

The Tower was offered for sale during 1985 with planning permission for conversion into a ( `Luxury') dwelling.