NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SHIP INN HILGAY Hilgay index
Southery
LITTLE OUSE
BRANDON CREEK
CLACKCLOSE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
CLACKCLOSE LICENCE REGISTERS 1794 & PS 7/4/1 to PS 7/4/3 (1917 - 1949)
EAST ANGLIAN BREWERIES ELY ALES
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN    
.   
Licensees :
-  
-  
THOMAS POTTER 1794
-  
-  
JOHN THORNHILL *1832 -  *1833
WILLIAM CREEK
Age 25 in 1841
*1841 - 1845
WILLIAM CRICK 1846
WILLIAM THORNHILL
age 49 in 1851
& Shoemaker
1851 - 1865
WILLIAM GALLOWAY PORTER
Emigrated to Kalamazoo, Mi
1868 - 1872
WILLIAM OSLER 1875 - 1877
HENRY PRESTON
& horse breaker
1879 - 1885
WILLIAM HEATH according to Kelly
(George Heath ?)
1888
GEORGE HEATH (50) 1891
JETHRO BOYCE 1892
JOHN OSLER 1896
JETHRO BOYCE 1900
GEORGE GRAVES 1903 - 1925
GEORGE WILLIAM HAZEL 1929 - 1937
-  
THOMAS BLANCHFLOWER 1965 - 1973
-  
-  

10.04.1988
1998

Location given as Hilgay in 1794 & 1846 

Although located at the southern end of Southery parish,
the house was actually in a detached part of Hilgay parish.
In 1885 under the Divided Parishes Act the area became
part of Littleport parish, Cambridgeshire.


Closure of this house or the Ferry Boat, along with the Queen of Hearts, proposed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29th May 1962, subject to inspection by Mr. L. Canham.

One of only 18 Norfolk public houses recommended by the Egon Ronay pub guide of 1969.
` A haven for those who want to get away from the noise and bustle of town life.'