NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLUE BOAR SPROWSTON Index
Blue Boar index
259 WROXHAM ROAD
NR7 8RL
TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE tel : 01603 426802
BLOFIELD, TAVERHAM & WALSHAM REGISTERS taken September 1789 and September 1794 and TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 9/8/1 to PS 9/8/3 (31 Aug 1872 - 1957) note:1887 to 1903 missing
transferred to NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER 09.11.1907 - PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (cover 1867 to 1965)
St MARTINS BREWERY Leasehold property for sale as advertised 11th October 1794 - Lot No 30
FREEHOUSE Owner Clement William Unthank according to 1832 Register of Electors
First supplied by Steward & Patteson during the year 1848 to 1849
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS by 1888 ( Recorded 17.03.1888 as the property of Charles Crawshay )
BULLARDS    
WATNEY MANN    
FREE HOUSE    
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM CAPENDELL here May 1781
WILLIAM KINGSBOROUGH by 1789 to 1792
THOMAS OLYOTT
( Ollyett 1794 )
Died 1st January 1843 - age 80
( Olgate in newspaper report )
1794 - 1843
THOMAS OLYOTT
age 50 in 1851
& farrier 1858
1845 - 1865
HANNAH OLYOTT 1868
RODERICK ELPHINSTONE
& nurseryman
by 1869
WILLIAM SANDELL 24.03.1876
HANNAH SANDELL 29.07.1876
HENRY FREDERICK CHAPMAN 12.10.1878
JAMES CHAPMAN 13.12.1879
JOHN ROBERT DESBOROUGH 04.06.1904
CHARLES HENRY HARTLEY 05.01.1918
ALICE EDITH HARTLEY 07.07.1923
JOHN WILLIAM BLYTH 06.10.1923
ALBERT ERNEST FOX 10.05.1947
ETHEL MILDRED FOX 04.03.1950
FRANK  BRITT 10.04.1958
DAVID BRIAN THOMAS TURNBULL 20.03.1979 
- Feb 2015
-  
The Blue Boar - c1996
1996

Recorded as the BLUE BOOR in Register of Blofield, Taverham & Walsham Hundred licensed houses taken 9th September 1789.

It was announced 8th December 1792 that Mr. W. Kingsborough had left the Blue Boar and was then at the Easton Dog.

Norfolk Chronicle 2nd November 1816.
Thursday night last two men with their carts were returning from Hoveton with goods which had been bought at the late Mt Aufrere's auction, when they stopped at Sprowston Blue Boar to get a pot of beer, when some person taking advantage of their absence, stole from off the carts two hampers of glass and a brown great coat, in the pocket of which were two snuff-boxes, one silver the other tortoise-shell with which they got clear off.

~

Shown on Bryant's 1826 map.

Rebuilt c1936 further back from the road.Offering hotel accommodation by 2001

See page 85 of Norwich In Old Postcards, Volume 3
- First published 1990